What’s happening on Maui in July 2018
We’ve got you covered for special events and what’s happening on Maui for the Month of July
Wednesday, July 4th
• Celebrate in Lahaina – with fireworks in this historic town. The fireworks will begin at 8pm. The event is FREE. Bring lawn chairs. More info here.
• Pride of Maui offers a 4th of July Cruise. Pride of Maui offers their ‘Fireworks over the Pacific’ boat cruise, hosted aboard Maui’s famous Maxi-power Catamaran. Offering 1500 square feet of unobstructed viewing from the sprawling upper deck. Delicious entrees, Pupus, beer and cocktails. For details and reservations visit www.prideofmaui.com
• Party down at the Lahaina Loft. Live DJ music , dancing, light pups, a photo booth and more. Tickets are $25-50 per person.
• Get your Jazz on at the Lahaina Library. Jazz Maui presents this FREE music extravaganza.
Thursday, July 5
• Free Tahitian Dance Show – Lahaina. This ongoing event happens every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday from 6-7pm.
Friday, July 6th
• Makawao Rodeo – (July 6 to July 8) A rodeo in Maui? You bet! Maui has a rich Paniolo history and you can celebrate this long history at the Makawao Rodeo.
• Wailuku First Friday. We’ve blogged more about this town party here. You’ll find live street entertainment, amazing food truck food, souvinirs, local hand-made goods and more. Each Friday Town Party is hosted in a different city. Click the link above to find more info.
• Maui’s Finest Craft Fair – Free Craft Fair at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort. This free even showcases crafts, artists and more. This is an Ongoing Event occurring on Tuesday Friday of every week. More info here.
Saturday, July 7
• Head to Kahului for the weekly Maui Swap Meet. This fantastic shopping market has everything under the Maui sun. Event is ongoing, this and every Saturday. More info here.
• Lanai Pineapple Festival. Catch a ride on the ferry to Lanai and celebrate the Lanai Pineapple Festival. Enjoy crafts, games, food booths, prizes and more. The parade begins at 2pm and ends at 9pm with a crescendo of fireworks. A special 9:30 pm return to Maui ferry will be offered. Book in advance. More info here.
• Makawao Parade Get there early for the parade that starts at 9am down Baldwin Avenue. Bring lawn chairs.
• Leilani Farm Sanctuary Tours – (this and all Saturdays) Explore the farm and visit rescued animals. Kiss a Donkey, cuddle a chicken or feed the bunnies. Donation is $10. Starts at 10am More info here. Additional tours Mondays & Wednesdays at 4pm.
Sunday, July 8
• Lahaina Craft Fair. Sundays. This weekly free event showcases artists, jewelry makers and local crafts people. Located at the Lahaina Gateway Center. More info here.
• Makawao Rodeo continues. See above.
Tuesday, July 10
• Maui’s Finest Craft Fair – Free Craft Fair at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort. This free even showcases crafts, artists and more. This is an Ongoing Event occurring on Tuesday Friday of every week. More info above.
Friday, July 13
• Lahaina First Friday. Head to the Lahaina Town Party – more info here. You’ll find live street entertainment, amazing food truck food, souvinirs, local hand-made goods and more. Each Friday Town Party is hosted in a different city. Click the link above to find more info.
• Hawai‘i’s force of Creation, Stories, Chants, Songs & Hula with George Kahumoku Jr. Join Hawaiian Cultural Practitioner George Kahumoku Jr. for this special event in Paia at Island Fresh Maui. For more info and tickets visit here.
Thursday, July 19
• Free Tahitian Dance Show – Lahaina. This ongoing event happens every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday from 6-7pm. More info here.
Friday, July 20
• Lahaina Art Night – Friday Night is Art Night in Lahaina Town. Stroll through dozens of art galleries in LahainaTown each Friday from 7 to 10 pm for special gallery shows, featured artists-in-action, and refreshments, all free and open to the public! Lahaina has earned its nick-name of “The Art Capital of the Pacific,” due to more art galleries per capita than any other American town. A walking map of participating galleries is available in Lahaina Visitor Center (open daily from 9 am to 5 pm) This is an Ongoing Event occurring on Friday of every week.
• Candlelit Tours at the Baldwin Home – Step back in time and visit the Baldwin Home Museum with a tour by candle light. Tours are held every Friday from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The Baldwin Home Museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson Street in the heart of historic Lahaina. $8 – Adults 13yrs +, $6 – Kama’aina, Senior Citizens (65+), Military, Children 12 years and under are FREE. Please note that admission also allows entry to the Wo Hing Museum on Front Street.
The tours are led by experienced docents with refreshments following on the front lanai. For more information here or call 808.661.3262.
• Makawao Third Friday – See listing above for Friday Town Parties
Saturday, July 21
• Head to Kahului for the weekly Maui Swap Meet. This fantastic shopping market has everything under the Maui sun. Event is ongoing, this and every Saturday.Link for more info above.
• Keiki Hula Performance – Everyone loves a keiki (child) hula halau performance! And The Outlets of Maui is pleased to present our keiki hula show every 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month. The children of the Na Pua O Kapi`olani perform traditional hula. Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the keiki performers share their Hula as they dance their way into our hearts with the memorable stories and songs of Hawaii. More info here.
Saturday, July 28
• MayJah RayJah – The annual “must experience” reggae music festival returns with an all-star lineup. Established in 2009, The MayJah RayJah music festival has become a true staple in Hawaii’s island music scene. Since its inception, this annual festival has delivered over 30 festivals on four different islands attracting tens of thousands of loyal island music fans! This year they are taking it up a notch with the biggest line-up in its 9-year history. Featuring one super solid night of premiere island entertainment with New Zealand’s reggae heavyweights, Katchafire, reggae fusion sensation Magic!, and American reggae singer/songwriter Josh Heinrichs and more surprise guests to be announced for one amazing night!! More info and tickets here.
Have a safe and fun 4th of July and every day while in Maui!
Looking for more Maui vacation ideas? Lots of things to see and do,