Moving Forward In The Era Of Coronavirus
Aloha to all of our past, present and future guests. We’ve made some changes in this new era of COVID-19 and want to let you know what we’re working on.
COVID-19 has ushered in some interesting challenges for us all, but we’re up to the task. Our guests know us to go above and beyond and this is no different. Several things have changed regarding how we manage our vacation rental business.
These new changes are a result of a very fluid situation but what remains true is our commitment to guest safety and security. Below we’ve outlined some updates and changes we’re making;
• We’ve updated our Short Term Rental Agreement with additional information on COVID-19
• We do not issue refunds for COVID. Please plan accordingly and consider purchasing CANCEL FOR ANY REASON travel insurance. Please understand that we are a small business trying to stay afloat during these troubled times. For this reason, we cannot act as an insurance company for travelers. We have no control over this pandemic and travelers assume all risks.
• We’ve added enhanced cleaning protocol to our already stringent cleaning policies. We’re strictly following CDC and VRMA (Vacation Rental Management Association) guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting. For the safety of our cleaners and guests, we require a 24 hour changeover gap between guests. A PDF copy of the VRMA guidelines can be downloaded here. And the CDC website with more information is here.
• Our cleaning staff have increased their rates to reflect the additional time required to safely sanitize our condo, all ‘high-touch’ surfaces using CDC approved anti-viral cleaning products, electrostatic fogger for all surfaces including soft surfaces such as upholstery fabric, rattan and wicker furniture and so on. This increase in cleaning fees is reflected on our Rates & Availability page
• Introduced new Kihei Akahi complex pool rules and COVID-19 waiver. (these policies are put in place by our complex BOD and are subject to their jurisdiction) See below for additional pool rules.
• Introduced CDC suggested safety protections (hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing)
• Posted laminated copies of safety guidelines
• Hawaii Tourism update on Visitor Requirements can be found here
As we move forward toward opening Hawaii and our vacation rental for business, we will update any changes or additions here on this page. Subscribe to our newsletter for more updates!
Looking for more Maui vacation ideas? Lots of things to see and do,